
LIFE IN THE UAE
You only see four people in the picture on a seemingly quiet beach. That's how life seems to be here in the UAE.
For me,yes it is only that I miss my country. There's nothing more comfortable than hearing the usual goings-on in your small town. However, as I get the hang of living here, I realize that there are many things my home country could have been if it has the discipline of this small country. Contrary to my own nation's poverty, this country seems to be overflowing with wealth. How would you explain the onslaught of expatriates in this small country? They all wish to earn bigger money . Well, I am referring to countries belonging to what they call as third world. If only all the leaders would show consideration to all their countrymen, maybe poor countries like mine would not depend on their OFW's as we call it for the needed funds. I just find it so ironic. Why is it that countries like the UAE could afford to build multi-million projects whereas mine can't? Sure, they have the oil. But I think that's beyond the point. A lot of those belonging to the third world are rich in natural resources. The only problem is the attitude of leaders and citizens. Oh well, maybe, that's how things really work.
Anyway, I find my life here a bit of a luxury because I can eat anything I like. Luxury for me means simple things which aren't so simple in my own native land. Food, which is the most basic need of a human being seems hard to come by in my country. Here, you can live a healthy life style. The only problem here it seems is more on housing. I wonder, would the government ever reconsider the plight of lowly expats like us? Only God knows. I just hope and pray that they will see how things really are. I may not be working yet but I know how my fellowmen here deal with all the atrocities UAE offers them when it comes to their salaries. With this question, I might be wrong in saying that I experience luxury here, but then again, am I?
For me,yes it is only that I miss my country. There's nothing more comfortable than hearing the usual goings-on in your small town. However, as I get the hang of living here, I realize that there are many things my home country could have been if it has the discipline of this small country. Contrary to my own nation's poverty, this country seems to be overflowing with wealth. How would you explain the onslaught of expatriates in this small country? They all wish to earn bigger money . Well, I am referring to countries belonging to what they call as third world. If only all the leaders would show consideration to all their countrymen, maybe poor countries like mine would not depend on their OFW's as we call it for the needed funds. I just find it so ironic. Why is it that countries like the UAE could afford to build multi-million projects whereas mine can't? Sure, they have the oil. But I think that's beyond the point. A lot of those belonging to the third world are rich in natural resources. The only problem is the attitude of leaders and citizens. Oh well, maybe, that's how things really work.
Anyway, I find my life here a bit of a luxury because I can eat anything I like. Luxury for me means simple things which aren't so simple in my own native land. Food, which is the most basic need of a human being seems hard to come by in my country. Here, you can live a healthy life style. The only problem here it seems is more on housing. I wonder, would the government ever reconsider the plight of lowly expats like us? Only God knows. I just hope and pray that they will see how things really are. I may not be working yet but I know how my fellowmen here deal with all the atrocities UAE offers them when it comes to their salaries. With this question, I might be wrong in saying that I experience luxury here, but then again, am I?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home